If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Time, what to do with it!!

Time, we all have it, but how do we spend it? If you are anything like me, you probably spend the majority of it cleaning, breaking up arguments and fights, and driving "little people" everywhere!! At times I just feel overwhelmed, and to be honest, totally unmotivated!!

I hate to even admit that, but it's true.  Sometimes I spend so much time worrying about what to spend my time on, that I forget the most important factor in the decision, God.

While visiting a church this past Sunday, the pastor gave a message on time.  One of the things that he pointed out was that "Following your heart is not what you should do, unless your heart follows Jesus".  Wow, I have to say that I have never quite thought of things this way, but I should start.

I think we all, or most of us, spend a good bit of time trying to figure out exactly what we are supposed to do with our lives.  We can get so caught up in our own wants and interests that we forget that God can see the "bigger" picture, and if he can see the bigger picture, shouldn't we seek his advice and guidance.  After all, we can only see what is right in front of us, we lack the ability to see over the next mountain, but God can see it all.

So, the next time you get all frazzled and are rushing here and there, take a second and stop and ask God what he wants you to do.  After all, the time we have is limited, so shouldn't we spend it in the best possible way.

No comments: