If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, July 23, 2010

T-Shirt Refashion, petal tee (sort of)!!

Well, I was feeling a little crafty today, and since I have been making things for my girls lately I decided I would make something for me.

I found this shirt a while back at the Good Will store. I knew it had potential, but it has been sitting in my closet since the day I brought it home. It was a super long shirt, and since I am only 5 feet tall, that was a problem for me.

I saw this really neat tutorial here about how to make a petal tee, and thought I would give it a try.

The first thing I did was cut 7.25 inches off of the shirt (I told you it was long).

The shirt is knit, so I did not hem around the bottom. I kind of like the rolled up look that it gets.

Next I cut out two patterns for my petals, one big and one small. I used the bottom of the shirt (the part that I cut off) and cut my petals out of that.

Once I had them all cut out, I pinned them in place. After rearranging a couple of times I was finally happy with the look of the shirt, so I started sewing.

To start with I only sewed the tops of the petals, but since it is knit material the petals began to roll up. I went back and sewed the bottoms of the petals as well.

I really like the way the shirt turned out, it is definitely an improvement over what it looked like in the beginning.


I am linking to:
The Shabby Nest
Feature Yourself Friday
Flaunt It Friday
Look At Me
Simply Designing
Show and Tell Friday
Sew & Tell
Fab Friday 


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this turned out really cute!

It's a great idea to sew all the way around the petal...it will save ironing time too!

Thanks so much for linking up!

Leslie said...

this is really cool...it came out so nicely

Pokey said...

This is so cute, I love the raw edges and the movement of the petals!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

How cute. I may have to try this if I can find a long enough shirt.

Bonnie Weeks said...

That looks great! I love t-shirt creations.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Wow! What a great shirt and from a great source!

Larri said...

Love this! Enjoy wearing it. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Melanie said...

Nice!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Very cute! I love how that turned out!