If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

When is working outside of the home, just not worth it??

Since we were recently faced with this question, I thought I would bring it up here. A while back I decided to take a part time job outside of the home. It seemed like a great idea at first, even with paying for the babysitter I would still profit a little, and then came reality.

The first babysitter started out great, the kids loved her, and she was always on time. She seemed very responsible, UNTIL, she just did not show up one day and would not return my calls. Then came sitter number 2. She was great at the beginning as well, however she only lasted about a month.

You can probably imagine how stressful it was wondering if the sitter was going to show up every morning that I was scheduled to work. It was crazy, then going through two in three months was even worse.

I have to say that I enjoyed working for a while, but the stress of finding sitters and missing work due to sitter "no-shows" was terrible, not to mention that I was not profiting all that much anyway.

So, although it seemed like a great idea at first, it turned out not to be so great. Oh well, you live and learn, right. I have definitely learned that it is a little too crazy with all the kids in this house at their current ages, to work outside of the home, unless I find something super flexible.

No comments: