If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Stashbuster, Spring Dress!!

If you have been reading for a while, you know that I am trying to work my way through my fabric bin. I thought of another cute idea, I had this pink fabric with flowers on it, and a purple shirt. I decided to combine the two and make a dress.

I cut the band off of the bottom of the shirt to use on the top of the dress. Next, I cut the fabric to the length I wanted for the dress. I folded down the edge of the fabric and ironed, and then folded it down again and ironed it. Next I sewed the folded pieces down. Then I sewed the sides together to make a tube.

I then pinned the purple to the top of the floral fabric and sewed it together. I threaded some elastic through and added the straps. I then took some extra material and made the rosettes for the front.

I love the way it turned out!! I am linking to these great parties.

No comments: