If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My training plan!!

I know I have told you guys that I like to run, but I don't think I have told you that I am training for my first marathon. That is right, I will be running a marathon in October.

Running can be intimidating to begin with, but once you get started it is addicting. I love the fact that when I am running, I don't have to think about ANYTHING other than running!! It is the only "ME" time that I get, so I take advantage of it. I only run three days per week. Due to past injuries, my knees cannot handle running several days in a row, so I spread them out.

I found this running plan, the First Half Marathon training plan at Runners World, and it fit perfectly with my needs. I am currently in week six, and once I complete this I will start the marathon training plan.

I started with the half marathon first because the longest distance that I had run before beginning this training was 4 miles. I figured that I would build my way up.

I have to say that I like this training plan, it can be difficult, but it is worth it.   Do you have a favorite training plan?

photo source:  runnersworld

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Hi,
I'm also a runner though I have yet to get to a 5K. Due to illnesses I have had a few setbacks, but I am following a plan similar to yours to get there. Due to my injuries I am only able to run on trails, no concrete or hard surfaces, so I find it hard to find any events. Still I am having fun beating my own best time and my best friend :)