If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutionize Your Mommy-tude!!

Okay everyone, you know what the new year means, all of those new years resolutions, right?? Well, I don't really like to make many resolutions, because I can never seem to keep them, and then I feel bad for breaking them.

However, I have teamed up with the great ladies of The Better Living Network, to bring you the Resolutionize series. Every week each of the bloggers will post about everything from food to shopping. I will link up to their weekly posts, to make it easier for you all to see everything.

My series is how to Resolutionize your "Mommy-tude"!! All you Mom's out there know what I am talking about. Going through the daily motions, thinking about everyone and everything else. Multi-tasking your little heart out, while holding the baby and cooking dinner at the same time, yeah!! I know you Mommy's are out there, because I am one of them!!

However, recently I have learned a very Valuable lesson, if you do not take a little time for yourself, guess what, your head will explode!! Not really, but you will start to feel pretty crumby, and you know the saying "If Mama ain't happy, nobody is happy"!! Sorry, but that word just looks funny, although I am from the south, I really do not like the word ain't and this is probably the first time I have typed it, anyway!!

Today we are going to resolutionize your "Mommy-tude" by finding a space in your schedule for You!! That is right, some time just for You, that does not include the children.

I know some of you out there may be thinking this is impossible, but trust me, you can do it. It does not have to be a super long time, even 10 minutes will do wonders for you. I like to have my time in the morning, before everyone else gets up, but do whatever works best for you.  What should you do in Your time, whatever makes you happy.  I like to check my email and drink an enormous cup of coffee, because that is what makes me happy.  Some of you may like to read, or exercise, and those will work as well.

Whatever activity you decide on, try to make it a point everyday to have your "Mommy Time".  If you are a schedule person, write it in your planner, just like any other appointment.  This is important, especially for your sanity, so just do it!!

Be sure to check out all of the links below to find out how to resolutionize everything else, and check back next week for more tips on how to Resolutionize Your Mommy-tude!!
Resolutionize Your Finances!!
Resolutionize Your Home!!
Resolutionize Your Wallet!!
Resolutionize Your Green Life!!
Resolutionize Your Mommy Groove!!
Resolutionize Your Kitchen!!

3 comments:

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

I'm with you on the huge cup of coffee. If I can have a few minutes at breakfast, the whole day goes better. And if I have time with my Bible too, even better.

Nikki said...

Brandy, Love your post. I like to spend time on my blog and also reading a good book. Scripture study is also important to me. You're so right about mommy time and how important it is. I've realized lately the kids need their own time as well. SO everyone in our house has quiet time for an hour and it makes a huge difference in the day.

Unknown said...

It is SO true! If momma aint happy aint nobody happy!

I like to get up before everyone else and get things done for myself while enjoying the peace and quiet.