If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Frugal Christmas Decorations!!

Christmas time is almost here, and it is time to decorate, or at least it is at our house. In an effort to be frugal with the decorations, I decided to see what I could do for free, using what nature has given us.

Pine cones and pine sprigs. I have this basket that that sits on my bathroom counter, so I decided to go outside and find something to put in it. I found these pine cones in my yard, and the pine sprigs as well. I simply tied the pine cones together in bundles, using sparkly gold colored ribbon. I placed them in the basket, and then arranged the pine around them. Ta-da, instant and free Christmas decorations!!

Stay tuned tomorrow for more frugal Christmas decorations!!

Don't forget about the Holiday giveaway bash that will start on December 1st!!  Check in everyday for a new giveaway!!

If you are looking for something meaningful to do as a family activity for the Holiday season, be sure to check out my post on Stocking the Pantry!!

I am linking to these great parties:
The DIY Showoff
Motivate Me Monday

1 comment:

Suzanne with Laughing Wallet said...

Another good one is to take the leftover ornaments (usually the round ball-shaped ones) that you don't end up using on your tree and put them in a bowl - instant holiday decoration!

I'm all about frugal Christmas decorations, too, so I wrote up a bunch of ideas if you'd like to check them out: http://www.laughingwallet.com/christmas-decorations.html. If only there was someone who would put up my lights for me for free! :)