If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Girls From Ames, Great Book Review!!

I had the opportunity recently to review the book, "The Girls From Ames, A story of Women and a forty-year relationship". This book was fabulous; I usually do not read this type of book. Self-help books and devotionals are more my style, but I gave it a shot.

The book is about a group of 11 girls from a small town in Iowa. The book details their childhood and the friendship they have shared throughout their lives. It goes through both the ups and downs of their friendship, as well as their lives. I thought it was such a motivating book, and it left me hoping that when I am that age, I can have friendships that have weathered the test of time as well.

There are so many characters, and I could relate to some of them. I could also think of certain people in my life that related to some of the other characters. I love the fact  that it is a "real" book about "real" people.

I highly recommend this book, even if you do not usually read this genre.

Disclosure: I was provided a copy of the book to review.

No comments: