If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

First week of school was a success!!


Well, we started our homeschool this week, and it went shockingly well. I have one first grade student, and two preschool students. I also have two smaller children, but they are too young to start anything big.

So, This is what I have decided to use:
First Grade:

Math- HOrizons 1
English- Writing with Ease
Spelling- Spelling Workout A
Vocabulary- First Language Lessons of the Well Trained Mind
Science- Gods Design for Science
History-The Story of the World
Preschool:
Answers for Preschoolers

Leap Frog Letter Factory
Leap Frog Word Factory

I am using the Well Planned Day planner, by Rebecca Scarlata Keliher, and I love it.  There are spaces to plan for four children.  It also has a place to write down chores and grocery lists.  I have used tons of planners in the past, but this is by far my favorite.

So, anyway, that is how our first week of homeschool went.  What about you, are you a homeschooler??  When will you begin your school??

photo source: whiter78

No comments: