If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A dress from two shirts!!

I want to share my latest project with you all. I found a great tutorial here about how to make a dress from a shirt. I decided to use two shirts that I found at the Good Will for $0.50 each.

I used this shirt as the top.  I folded it in half and cut off the sleeves and the collar.  I folded in what was left of the sleeves and added a hem. 

I used this shirt for the bottom of the dress.  It was an XL shirt to begin with.  I cut it off under the sleeves.  I measured how big it needed to be and hemmed up both sides, cutting off the excess.


To finish the dress off I sewed the two pieces together and added a piece of elastic.  I also made some scruchie flowers to the top of the dress.

This is end result.  It is not perfect, but I don't think it is too bad for my first dress.

To find more great projects, check out:
Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Designs



Look What I made @ Creations by Kara
Hump Day link




3 comments:

Nikki said...

If I am EVER talented enough to pull something like that off I don't know what I'd do! LOL I am what you call stitchery challenged LOL
Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

Jackie said...

Love it...it's really cute! I feel like getting my sewing machine out of the attic and giving it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Loganberry said...

I have just found your site and although I am in Australia (therefore coupon tips are no good to me) I love the rest of your site!!!! The dress is fantastic!! Cheers and thanks, Jane :)