If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Reader Question, How do you make chicken bog?

I don't know that there is a set recipe for Chicken bog, but this is how I make it.

I begin by boiling my chicken, I usually use leg quarters, but you can use whatever you have.  Once my chicken is done, I remove it from the pot and take the bones out.

Next, I use the chicken broth left over from boiling my chicken to make rice.  I use a one pound bag of rice and three cups of broth.  Place the rice and broth in the pot at one time.  Once it begins to boil, stir it and turn the heat to low, add in the chicken and one pack of smoked sausage that has been cut up.  Cover the pot and let it cook for twenty minutes.

Once your timer goes off, you have perfectly yummy chicken bog.

No comments: