If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tips for saving money in the kitchen!!


One question that I get asked a lot is how do you save money, other than using coupons? One of the largest ways that I save other than coupons is to "use my kitchen well".

I am not big on convenience foods, and honestly consider them a waste of money for my family. So, if there is something that can be made from scratch, I make it. Below is a list of some of the things you can make from scratch to save money.

1. Bread, rolls, muffins, cookies, cakes, brownie mix, cookie mix, pizza dough.

2. Chicken stock. If you buy your chicken whole, which I recommend because it is cheaper, once you cut it up place the remains in a big pot, add water and any other seasoning you want. Once it is done, let it cool and freeze.

Here are a few more ways that you can save in the kitchen:

1. Stop using paper towels. I did this a while back, and it isn't as hard as you may think. Rags work just as well, and you don't have to buy new ones every week.

2. Use your left overs rather than throwing them out. If you don't want the same exact thing, create something new with your leftovers.

3. Keep your cabinets and freezer organized. If everything is organized and easily accessible, you will be able to see what you have. This will prevent you from buying duplicates.

Some of these money saving methods may seem like they will only save pennies, but pennies do add up over time. Do you have any money saving strategies that you want to share?

photo source: thekitchendesigner.org

No comments: