If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What can you get for $25??


I have been thinking about adding a new series to Savin' Some. I know that many of my readers have very limited budgets, much like myself, so I have decided to do a weekly round up of the best grocery deals. I am going to show you what you can buy each week with only $25. I am super excited about this new feature, and hope you enjoy it as well.

So, here goes the first "What can you get for $25" list.

(10) lb.'s of HB meat @ $1.37 lb. from Food Lion.
(2) packs of Bar S franks @ $0.89 from Food Lion.
(6) Cans of Vegetables @ $0.33 each from Food Lion.
(2) Shady Brook Farms Turkey Sausage Rolls, buy one get one free @ $2.99 from Bi-Lo.
(2) Packs of Mullers Whole Wheat pasta @ $1.00 from Bi-Lo.
(3) cans of Tomato Sauce @ $0.39 from Walgreens.
(1) loaf of Kroger Bread @ $0.78 (everyday price).
(1) Cantaloupe @ $1.29 from Kroger.
(4) 1 lb. bags of rice from Kroger @ $1.09 (every day price).

Total = $30.05
Use:
$1.00 off a $5.00 Meat purchase at Food Lion here.
(4) $0.50 Mahatma Rice Coupon (exp. 5/31/10) doubles to $1.00.
$1.00 off of two Mullers Whole Wheat Pasta coupon (exp. 3/31/10).

Total after Coupons = $24.05.

So, there you have it, breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the week.  All for under $25.00.  While it is true that on this type of budget, you do not eat the most glamorous meals, they are healthy and filling.


No comments: