If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, November 7, 2008

The Many Uses of Baking Soda!!

It is frugal Friday today and I wanted to share some really neat things that I learned to do with baking soda. I checked out a book from the library entitled, "Baking Soda, Over 500 Fabulous, Fun and Frugal Uses You've Probably Never Thought About", by Vicki Lansky. This book is so neat. My favorite uses so far are:
Carpet Freshener, I find that if you sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and let it sit for a couple of hours, it will remove most any smell.
Jewelry Cleaner, I just tried this one and it works. Cover your gold jewelry with baking soda and pour vinegar over it. This is not recommended for items with gemstones or faux pearls. This really worked well for me, and my rings were super dirty.
Make a stencil for Santa foot prints, and then sprinkle baking soda on the stencil. It will leave cute little tracks, and deodorize your carpet at the same time.
Use baking soda on a wt sponge to remove crayon marks from washable walls, I love this too.
I also love to use it to clean the tub and shower, it works so well.

These are only a few of the ideas for baking soda. I love to use it because it is not a harsh chemical, but it does so many things, and it is super cheap.

No comments: