If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Christmas is on the way!!!


Well, Christmas is almost here. I wanted to share how we keep our Christmas spending under control. There are lots of children in our family, we have three of our own, and nine nieces and nephews. Needless to say there are lots of kiddos to buy for. So how can you buy for all of these and still stay within budget, you ask. I have three very important words for ya, After Christmas Sale! That's right I hit those after Christmas sales, and it pays off. Last year at the after Christmas sale I bought all of the gifts for our nieces and nephews and all of the small gifts for our children for around $25.00. I bought things like toy cars and trucks, bath gift sets, nail polish and lip gloss sets, and much more.

If you plan to get in on the action there are some things you should know. For starters, it is crazy out there so prepare for the madness. Secondly, make a list of the people that you need to shop for and check it off when you get their gift. Also be on the look out for small gifts that you can use throughout the year for birthdays.

If you have never done the after Christmas "thing", it really is a great help. You will be shocked at how much these things are marked down after Christmas, 75% to 90% off. I usually do not pay more than $3.00 for any of the gifts that I buy, and most of them cost around $1.50. If money is tight, or you are just looking to save more I would definitely recommend giving this a try. It feels so good when Christmas time rolls around and you do not have to stress about Christmas gifts breaking the budget.

Oh, and while you are there, be sure to pick up some super cheap decorations and gift wrapping supplies.

Do you have some great Christmas budget tips? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear all about them.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love Black Friday deals as well as after Christmas Sales!

A lot of the time I'm up in OR visiting family over the Holidays, and I enjoy paying $0 sales tax.

For years now, I also really start looking for gifts in July and use any and all coupons I come across to combine w/the deals. By starting early, It helps to spread out the $$ a bit more.

And..yes, the closer it gets, the CRAZIER it gets!!

Anonymous said...

We have family and friends that do not garden or do canning and they enjoy receiving baskets of our home canned things like tomato juice, sauerkraut stuffed banana peppers,hot rice and pickles. I guess this would be gifts in a jar?