If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Inspiration Monday!!


Blessed!! My inspiration this week is how blessed we are. I am not referring to money, because we are in no way rich, but all of the blessings that God gives us. I am so thankful that we serve a loving and compassionate God. A God who loves us so very much. When I think about all that I have been blessed with; my family, friends, church, home, and so many more things, it fills my heart with joy.

I want to help spread these blessings and the Word of God, so that others can know that feeling too. Christmas is not far away, and this is a Ministry that my family and I participate in every year. Operation Christmas Child, below is some information taken from their website, that explains what they do.

"Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. Since 1993, more than 61 million shoe boxes have been packed, shipped, and delivered across the globe. People of all ages can be involved in this simple, hands-on missions project while focusing on the true meaning of Christmas—Jesus Christ."

Just taking a shoe box and filling it with little things, can completely change the life of a child in another country. When the boxes are sent into the distribution center, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is also added to the boxes before they are shipped out. You can visit the website, Samaritan's Purse, to get more information on how you can get involved and change the lives of children all over the world.

We make it a family event at our house. It is such a great way to teach Children that there is more to Christmas than Santa Clause. You don't have to fill the boxes with expensive things, if you are a CVSer you probably have a box full of free items laying around. When these children receive their little boxes, it shows them that there are people who care about them. What a wonderful way to share the love of Christ.

1 comment:

Amy Clary said...

I have recently been inspired to dedicate my greatest workings on my blog to reaching outside of myself into other's lives. It's great to see you do the same.
Awesome!
P.S. There's an award waiting on my blog for you.