If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Late Tasty Tuesday


Chocolate Chip Cookies, my favorite. I found a great recipe for my favorite cookie, on Cooks.Com. They are super easy, and taste GREAT!!!

Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie

3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. packed dark brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg whites
1/3 c. water
2 c. (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/3 c. chopped nuts (optional) ** I did not use the nuts in mine)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Cream brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Beat in egg whites. Gradually beat in dry ingredients alternately with water. Stir in morsels and nuts.

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until centers are set.

(Makes 5 dozen cookies.) Each cookie contains 4 grams of fat vs. 7 grams in traditional recipe.

If you have a favorite recipe, leave me a comment and let me know about it. I love to try new things!!

No comments: