If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Green Tip, Egg Cartons!!

Okay, so most of us have them, right? I know we go through tons of eggs at our house. So, what do you do with all of those egg cartons??

We have started using some of our empty egg cartons as seed starter pots. Fill them with a little soil and plant your seed. I use an empty Agave bottle to water them, since it is easy to control how fast and how much water comes out.

Here is a picture of my lettuce seeds that I planted about four days ago.


So, there you have it!!  Yet another way to reuse and recycle, while attempting to become a little more self sufficient.

No comments: