If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Soda bottles into planters!!

I am so excited, it is time to start some seedlings!! I love to garden, and it is time to start seedlings here. However, I always run into the problem of not having enough planters without buying them.

Well, not this year. I saw a really neat article in the Disney Family Fun magazine that used soda bottles for planters, so I decided I would give it a try.

I saved up a few and cut them in half. Then I turned the top of the bottle over and placed it in the bottom. I placed some dirt in, and my seeds.

Then you fill the bottom with water, and the idea is that it will water itself. It looks really cute, and we will see how well it works. I have also seen egg cartons used for this purpose.

Do you have creative ideas for planter to start your seeds in?

While we were outside doing our seed planting, my almost three year old discovered lizards, and this is her holding one for the very first time!!


I am linking to these great parties!!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Whoa what a great idea LOVE it!

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

What a great idea. I'm hoping to get my garden started soon. I'm your newest follower from frugal Friday's link party. I'm throwing my very first link party tomorrow (Monday). I would love it if you stopped by an added your project.
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Gina Alfani said...

Hi Brandy! I'm your newest follower . . . I was blog hopping and not sure how I found you, but glad I did!!

I absolutely love your idea! It is the feature of a post on my gardening blog about starting seeds. Hope you don't mind that I used one of your photos.

Here is the link to the post . . . http://subtropical-gardening.blogspot.com/2011/02/creative-seed-starting-containers.html

Have a wonderful day . . . Gina