If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting fit on a budget, is it possible??

My answer is YES, it is possible. I know that when some people think about getting fit, they automatically think gym membership, yada yada. Guess what everyone, you do not have to be a member of a gym to get in shape, that is right, you can do it at home!!

Running and walking are both great exercises, and really the only equipment you need is a good pair of shoes.  Shoes are important for runners and walkers alike, they need to properly support you, so you will not injure yourself.  Other than that, you are good to go.  While it is true that a treadmill is nice to have, it is not necessary, you can walk or run outside.

If walking and running do not appeal to you, grab a work out DVD and start moving.  There are tons of them out there.  My current favorite are Shape Abs and the Jackie ab DVD. 

I have to admit that I am a runner, so that is what I love to do, however I mix my workouts up by running one day and cross training another day.  On my cross training days I either walk and do an ab DVD or do a couple of different workout DVDs. 

I have found that if you can not keep it interesting you will be less likely to succeed.  So, if the "no money" excuse is keeping you unfit, start moving sister because even if you are broke, you can still look good (haha).
If you need a little extra motivation, sign up to run or walk in a charity event or race.  That will give you something to work towards.

Photo Source: jvangalen


No comments: