If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Frugal Valentines Day Gift Idea, Sugar Scrub!!

I love sugar scrubs, they make your skin feel so good, especially during the winter. However, I DO NOT love to pay such a high price for them at places like Bath and Body Works. So, what is my solution, I make it myself!! 

It is super simple, all you need is one cup of sugar, one cup of brown sugar, and one cup of vegetable oil. You also need a container. I found some great glass containers at the Dollar Tree around Christmas time for only $1.00 each.

Mix all of the ingredients together in the container, and there you have it. It is that simple. Now to make it into a gift, grab some pretty ribbon and tie it around the top of the container. For pennies, you have a super yummy gift that will be greatly appreciated by the recipient.  Everyone loves yummy things around Valentines day, right??  Who says you have to be able to eat them all.  This is a super Valentines Day Treat!! 

If you want to make it a little more unique you can add a drop or two of essential oil that you like. I have also added a splash of vanilla extract to mine before, and that makes it small delicious.



5 comments:

Crunchy Deals said...

wow! I love this idea, but what kind of oil exactly?

Brandy said...

Sorry, it is vegetable oil.

Angie said...

Thanks so much for this idea!! Perfect for those wonderful ladies in my life for Valentines day!

HappyAndersons said...

That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

Julie Bagamary said...

I like this and the jar makes it special!