If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Workboxes!!

Lately, I have been reading a lot about the "Work Box" system. It is a system used for organizing homeschool work. I can not say that I am a big fan of the original version, but I have seen a few that I really like, and think will work for us.

I have been looking for some type of organization system, as I will be homeschooling three children next year. Confessions of a Homeschooler has a great post all about her work box system, and I really like the way it is set up.

I plan to purchase some of those tall carts for our area, but for now I am using smaller containers/tubs. I wanted to see if it would actually help us to stay on track throughout the day, before I invested in all of the carts and things. Guess what, we have been using it for almost two weeks now and it is working wonderfully.
My bins are lined up along one of my bookshelves in our office/school room. 



My daughter loves being able to walk over to her box and get all of the supplies that she needs for that assignment out along with the assignment. Once she is finished with that assignment, she places her work in the correct spot and puts away the rest of her materials. She then moves to the next box.

I have found that it also helps me to be more organized as a teacher. I am less likely to forget that really fun idea that I wanted to try with her when I organize our day this way.

So, what are your thoughts? How do you organize your school area if you are a homeschooler??

I am linking to these great parties:
Works For Me Wednesday

1 comment:

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

We used a modified workbox system last year with file folders. I had 1 crate of files for 2 kids. It worked great. For some reason, I abandoned the system this year.