If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Encouragement for today, Obedience!!

I wanted to share with you something I read this morning while I was having my quiet time. I am currently reading the book What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, Lysa Terkeurst. When I went to the book store, this is not the book that I was looking for, but they did not have what I really wanted, so I decided to go with this one. I am so glad that I did!!

This book has been talking to me!! Today she covered the issue of Obedience.  In the book Lysa says, "If we hold all that we treasure with our hands open and our palms facing upward, we are telling God we recognize it is His and we offer it up freely to Him.  God may or may not remove what we've offered Him, but He will continue to fill our open hands with blessings-His amazing blessings and not the cheap counterfeits of the world!"

She also says that, "God wants to know if we're willing to give up what we love to Him who loves us more.  He desires for us to open our fists and trust Him with absolutely everything."

Wow, have you ever thought of it this way?  I had not until this morning.  I mean, I know that what I have is from God, but when something is taken away or we are given a choice to make between two things that we really love I had never thought about it as if God were testing us to see if we would give up something we really love for him, who loves us more than anyone else.




No comments: