If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thinking ahead can save you tons!!


We have five children in our family, so you can imagine that we stay pretty busy. We also homeschool our children, although only one of them is old enough to really do school. However, that child is involved in a lot of extra curricular activities. This means that the rest of us spend a lot of time in the car, driving and waiting.

So, to avoid countless requests to stop by the store, and the temptation to give into those requests, I always try to think ahead. I pack a snack, along with some type of activity for the other children.

I have found that by bringing snacks with us, the children are less likely to request fast food on the way home, and I am less tempted to stop and pick some up.

I also try to think ahead about our meals on the days that we will be gone until lunch time. On those days I try to prepare it early, or have all of the components ready so that it only takes a couple of minutes after walking in the door to get our lunch on the table.

Do you have any tips on how to plan ahead successfully??

photo source: jan-willem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

geez why didn't i ever thinkl of that when my tribe was bloody little LOL... i used to just buy them junk to shut them both up (yep) i was a fruit ,basket case i dredded shopping days! Now they are teens :-P