If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shutter Screens!!

I know you all are probably getting tired of my shutter projects, but I have one more for you.

My bedroom is currently painted brown, and I love it, but I thought it need a little pop of color, and since I had some more shutters in the basement I put them to good use.

If you remember my shutter headboard project, you know that I painted it green, and wanted to carry that color to other places in my room. I took two shutter and took them apart. Then I spray painted them green (I really do like that color).
(Please excuse my terribly painted piece of plastic under the shutters!!)

Once the shutters were dry, I flipped them over and lined the up end to end. I took some extra molding and placed it on the back of my shutters and nailed it down.


This is what the finished project looked like. They are not perfect, but overall I like the look.
(Sorry the picture is a little off, I promise my floor is not slanted!!)

I am linking to these great parties:
Show and Tell
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Power Of Paint
Make it Yours
Creative Share
Pony Tails and FishScales
Strut Your Stuff
Get Your Craft On
Hookin Up With HOH
Cheap Thrills Thursday

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the color! They "pop" and look great!

Donene said...

I love the green color! It looks great! Thanks for your nice comments!

A Little Bit of Everything! said...

Cute! Love your music choices on your profile too! Thanks for checking out my Halloween Rag wreath over at A Little Bit of Everything!