I made a new dress this week. I used the Simplicity 2681 pattern to cut out my two pieces for the dress. However, since I like to do things my way, I did not use the pattern for anything else.
First I sewed the front and back together, by sewing down the sides. Next I folded the bottom over and pressed, and then folded it over again and pressed, then I added a hem to the bottom.
Next I made the bias tape to go around the arm holes and neck. I added those, and then sewed the straps together, and ta-da I had my dress.
This really was super simple, and I really like the way it turned out. The only thing I may add is a piece of elastic in the back to give it a little more of a fitted look.
I am linking to these great parties:
Pony Tails and Fish Scales
Fabric Fun Thursday
Strut Your Stuff
Get Your Craft On
I Made it Thursday
Make It Wear It
Cheap Thrills Thursday
Blue Cricket Desgin
We Did It Wednesday
Yoplait Yogurt Fridge Pack $2.23 at Walmart
6 hours ago