If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, April 26, 2010

How it all started, part I!!


One question I am asked often is, "How do I begin?". Well, contrary to popular belief developing a frugal mindset is more of a journey rather than a revelation. I took a little time for me to get to this point. Believe it or not, I have not always been referred to as "the coupon lady". I once was a girl who loved to shop, and was obsessed with shoes and nice hand bags. That is until our children were born.

Once my first child was born I began to look for better deals on things and shop the clearance racks, but that was really the extent of my "frugalness". Once our second child was born, I began to look for other ways to save money, I started using coupons a little, but that was it.

The real change came after the birth of my third child. My husband and I decided that it was a better financial decision for me to stay at home with our children, after all paying for three children in daycare would cost as much as I would likely make every week. Once that decision was made, the "coupon lady" was born. I spent hours surfing the web and reading books on how to save money on everything.

I had no idea up until this point that you could save so much money, just by looking at life through a different lens (so to speak). It is much easier to save money when you stop worrying about what others think, and start living the life that best suits you and your family. Our third child was born two years ago, and boy have I learned a lot.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Part II of How it All Started, and find out all of the money saving methods I discovered on my journey.

photo source: twid

No comments: