If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Garden Update!!

I thought I would give you all a little garden update. My husband, father-in-law, and their friend successfully constructed our raised bed garden area. I am so excited, however it is a little larger than I expected, so I need to decide what to plant there. My garden space went from this:

To this:


It took a good half day, and a lot of dirt, but they got it finished.  I have already planted a few of the squares.  By the way if you are wondering why my space is separated by all of that pink string.  I am trying the square foot gardening method.  The idea behind this method is to use the space you have wisely, and only grow what you need.  This is the first time that I have tried this method, and will keep you up to date on how it works for us. 


1 comment:

Misty said...

wow, that is pretty cool. i wonder if my husband would build me one... lol, its worth a shoot.
i look forward to your garden updates!!