If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Frugal shopping, for your closet!!


We all know that it is possible to save money by using coupons when shopping for groceries, but it is just as easy to save money while filling your closet. One of my favorite stores to check out when I need something for my wardrobe is the Good Will Store (G&W Boutiques, as I like to call it). I have found some wonderful deals here. Anything from Banana Republic pants to Holister shirts, all for under $2.00. My local Good Will store has a $1 rack. Every week they fill it with different things, and I love it.

Another one of my favorites to visit is The Salvation Army. They also have some great things, and some of their prices are better than the G&W Boutique. However, the best place for you to shop locally depends on the area that you live in. Many times the quality of items available at these thrift shops directly depends on the community that they are located in.

Although these stores are wonderful, don't forget about yard sales. You can also find some really great things there too. I have found anything from cute clothes to area rugs. The same things goes for yard sales as for thrift stores. The nicer the neighborhood, the better things you will find. So, the next time you need something new in your closet, look secondhand first. You will be amazed how much you can save.

No comments: