If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Garden Season Is Here!!


I am not sure about the weather where you are, but garden season has started here. For the past two days it has been over 80 degrees here. I am so excited. Last year we did a couple of plants, but this year I am going all out. I bought my seeds yesterday, and am getting ready to plant.

Some tips on how to start your garden for less are:

Shop yard sales for pots, planters, garden tools, and water buckets.

Use clean, old milk jugs to water your plants with.

Collect rain water in a large container and use that water for flowers and plants in your garden.

Buy your seeds on sale. At this time of year, almost every store is putting their seeds on sale.

Look for freebies where ever they may be. Check Craig's List under the free section, you would be surprised at what you can find on there.

When your garden has bloomed and you have more than you need, share it with others in need. I think it is always important to try to help others, and if your extra is not going to be eaten, you may as well share the love. There are several people who are in need.

Photo Source: Steve Wilhelm

No comments: