If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Adding To Your Stockpile!!

If you are new to stockpiling you may wonder how to get started. I wanted to share a tip with you. The after Christmas season is a great time to stockpile certain items, for instance seasonal canned goods. I went shopping at the Dollar General Store last week to check out their after Christmas sale and saw that they still had some seasonal Fall merchandise that was on sale. On that display they also had Libby's canned pumpkin on sale for $0.75. I checked the expiration date and it was April 2011, so I grabbed the five cans that they had on the shelf. This will be great for making Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins next year. I also saw that CVS has their canned Cranberry sauce on clearance with the Christmas items. Walmart had Christmas Goldfish and Christmas crackers on clearance also.

When you check out the clearance area, be sure to take a look at the food items there, you might be surprised at what you will find. However, always check the expiration date.

Have fun adding to the stockpile. Do you have stockpile tips, if so leave me a comment.

No comments: