If you like what you see here, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing. To subscribe, simply use the box located on the left side of the blog. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thrifty Thursday



Making Baby Food.

I have three children, but this is the first time that I have attempted to make baby food, and it turned out well. I started with two large sweet potatoes. Next I washed them and wrapped them in foil, and baked @ 400 for about an hour (until they were soft). Then I cut the potatoes open and scooped out the inside. I placed the potato and a little of her formula in the food processor, and let it go until I thought it was a the right consistency. To store the food I filled an ice tray with the baby food, and let it freeze for a couple of hours until it was hard, then dumped the cubes into a Ziploc bag, labeled with the date and the type of food. She absolutely loves her new food. Next week I will try squash.

It makes me feel good about giving her baby food, because I know what is in it. I used local produce from our local farmers market. I am so excited to be doing something wonderful and healthy for her.

Do you have a favorite baby food recipe, leave me a comment and let me know about it, I am sure my daughter and I would both enjoy it.

3 comments:

AudreyO said...

What a great idea. I never made my own baby food.

I do shop the local farmers market though and love what we get there.

Brandy said...

I love it too, the produce is always so fresh.

Anonymous said...

I have been making all of my babyfood for my second baby. I love the book 100 top baby purees by anabel karmel. I got this book from the library a couple of times and then purchased a copy for myself- There are some very good recipes in there. My favorite is the apple pear with cinnamon I made that one night for the whole family. Yesterday I made Peach, Pear and Blueberry- yummy!

Dawn - dkvmaas@yahoo.com